For over 17 year olds:
• 200 cigarettes or 50 cigars or 250g of tobacco
• 1.5L of alcohol
• Non-commercial amount of gifts and other items for personal use of up to US$ 3,000
declarable items for personal use that will be exported (laptops, DVD players etc.)- declaration of intention to export needs to be made.
• Counterfeit items
• Pets – health certificate required along with complete and valid inoculations.
• Medication – appropriately labelled and accompanied with prescription or doctor’s note, preferably in English
• Live poultry
• Marine animals, plants and other creatures as well as parts and products thereof like coral, turtle, fish, lobster, and others
• Coconut and any parts or products thereof like coconut seedlings, copra, desiccated coconut, coconut milk, and coconut cream (except Coconut oil).
• Unrefined animals, vegetable oils and fats.
• Dangerous chemicals like Lead Arsenate, Thallium and others. Contact Customs or nearest embassy.
• Ozone Depleting Substances (ODS) as well equipment requiring use of such substances (refrigerators, dehumidifiers and parts thereof etc.)
• Local currency of TT$ 20,000 and over needs to be declared. If you are planning to carry unusually large amount of cash please contact the nearest embassy should regulations change.
• Foreign currency – value of 5,000 of any currency and over needs to be declared. If you are planning to carry unusually large amount of cash please contact the nearest embassy should regulations change.
• Weaponry, ammunition, explosive and certain toy guns permissible with authorisation